Friday, May 27, 2011

Hard Bitten by Chloe Neill - sob hiccup sob

I just finished Hard Bitten by Chloe Neill. This is the fourth book in her Chicagoland Vampire series. I think I'm having a full blown panic attack. O-o

(I'm going to try not to say what happens, but from my reaction, you might be able to figure it out, so ....
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
!
!

(sobs uncontrollably & clutches book to chest) ...

So, I yelled at this book. I begged it to be lying to me. I almost threw up on it. I ranted. I raved. I demanded it take it back & it said no! And now I'm a wiped out, totally traumatized hysterically grieving mess. WTF Chloe Neill? WTF?

(wipes face & stiffens shoulders bravely)

This book threw me for a complete loop. I'm not saying why. Anyone who's finished it knows why. And now we all have to wait until November wondering how Merit's world can ever be okay again....I mean, one part of me wants something magical to happen to fix things & the other part of me says doing that would be a total cop out. Because what is, just is. You shouldn't be able to undo it. Life doesn't work that way. But damn it. This is a book. So do I hope the author finds some sort of way to undo what she's done? She's the author. She knows what's meant to happen. I have to accept that, right?!?

(another huge crying jag)

Damn.

(sniff, sob, sniff, sob, shudder)

Merit and Ethan are supposed to have a happily ever after. I want that. I like them together, even if he's being a total jackass. I like him even tho he LIES to her and manipulates her and uses her. They make sense together. And now? Oh hell....

(another bout of tears - shit, my computer is going to drown at this point)

Okay, Chloe Neill. I can be a big girl about this. I leave it up to your capable fingers and brain to find a way to make Merit be okay. I trust that this won't break her. I trust that you can find a solution. I will wait. Until November....

(I need a hug....sniff)

No comments:

Post a Comment