Sunday, August 14, 2011

I'm a dangerous book-a-holic.

Now, I've posted about how many new books are coming out this month and how many of them I want (42, I think). I have already bought some of them and have the others in my cart on Amazon (because I'm not shopping at B&N unless I'm FORCED to at gunpoint). There's no way I'm going to be able to read them all, but I'm damn sure going to own them.

Soooo....I keep going to Borders. I know, their stock is getting thin but here's the thing. I have a whole backlog list of books that I want to read (ummm, own) which have been out FOREVER. And another list of books I'd purchased, loved, but gave away because I had no place for them.

(I think someone needs to take my credit card away from me...although this is a one month binge of a sort, I guess. I'm sure once Border's doors shut forever *sob* I'll be able to control myself...)

Aaannywayyy, I have gone to Borders three times in the last week. (A different Borders each time, mind you.)  And I've bought stacks of books. (Hey, romances are 50% off. So a book that costs $7.99 is only $3.99 - and if it's on the list, I'm going to buy it anyway someday, right? right??....oh who am I kidding? I've bought more books than I can read in a century. (Well, maybe a year...)

I just can't help thinking that when all the damn bookstores close, and we're all forced to go the ereader route, I'll have all my beloved books in hard copy in my possession! mwah ha ha....

Hi. My name is Karen and I'm a biblioholic.




No comments:

Post a Comment