Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Music Must....David Garrett

So... you're probably thinking who the heck is David Garrett?

I first heard him when I saw him perform on PBS. He's a violinist - but not just any violinist - he's an alt rock violinist. (Yes, he also performs classical music, but he also takes rock songs and transforms them.)

Up until this new release, the only place I could find his music was online. Stores in America didn't carry it. But (YAY!) his new CD was released this week. Can I say - yum?!

The CD consists of concert pieces like Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and Aerosmith's "Walk This Way" and my personal favorite "Vivaldi vs. Vertigo". (Yes, a mash of Vivaldi & U2's "Vertigo".)

And, while his look is completely contrived -- I've looked him up online...in his older photos, David wasn't much to look at -- he's unbelieveably delicious. Shoulder length dirty blond hair, a neatly trimmed beard, f*ing gorgeous eyes (and nose and lips) that make you think really naughty thoughts. He dresses grunge, for god's sake. And you can tell its all carefully done to create an image, but holy hell when he starts playing and loses himself in the music....(hold on, I need to wipe away my drool *grin*)

Let's face it, as my girlfriends and I would say -- "I wouldn't kick him out of bed with both feet." Hell, I wouldn't kick him out at all. No, I'll just pose him there in all his glory so I can ogle him - with his violin maybe. He can play "November Rain" for me...sigh.

His music is phenomenal. Go get the CD. If you like alt rock & classical, you won't regret it.

8/5 - As an added bonus to this post, I'm including this link because a rep from Universal Media Group found my post & very nicely emailed me to ask if I would add it. Obviously, I'm more than happy to because great talent should be recognized. (And, hey, I want David to keep making his music.) Go check it out!
http://www.gotdownloads.com/dg/

No comments:

Post a Comment