Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dead Witch Walking series by Kim Harrison

Dead Witch Walking
The Good, The Bad and the Undead
Every Which Way But Dead
A Fistful of Charms
For a Few Demons More
The Outlaw Demon Wails
White Witch, Black Curse
by Kim Harrison

This is probably the best urban fantasy series I've read (and I've read a lot!). The story revolves around Rachel, a witch, her best friend, Ivy (a vampire), and Jenks (a pixie). The characters are rich and whether you love their relationships or hate them, you will be sucked into their world. Kim Harrison excels in creating a believable world where vampires, fey, weres & witches can all exist.

The stories are told 1st person thru Rachel's eyes.

I highly recommend this series to anyone interested in Urban Fantasy. I read the first book in a day & spent the next 2 days running to every bookstore in a 30 mile radius to scrounge up the rest. For an entire week, I did no housework, no laundry, no cooking. I stayed up late reading until I was bleary eyed until I'd finished the last book (TODW). And then it was complete torture waiting for the most recent addition (WWBC) to come out. Go out and buy these. You'll want to keep them.

My Scale:
Characters (1-5) = 5
Solid Story (1-5) = 5
Believable World (1-5) = 5
Angst (1-3) = 3
Humor (1-3) = 2
Relationships (1-3) = 3
Choices (1-3) = 3
Adventure (1-3) = 3
Grand Total (out of 30) = 29

No comments:

Post a Comment