Friday, August 6, 2010

Glee

So, I'm a secret Glee lover.

And you know what's funnier? So are my son and my husband. Although both of them have threatened me with death if I ever tell anyone. (uh oh) *peering cautiously around to make sure they're not in the vicinity* (You won't tell, right??!)

If you've never watched it, I highly recommend you try. Put it on for 5 mins. & see if you aren't hooked. Sue? Oh my God! She's freaking hilarious. And the wacky relationship between the OCD guidance counselor & the gym teacher/football coach? I nearly peed my pants when she agreed to marry him - as long as they never spoke outside of school, he didn't touch her, and they maintained their own residences (among other things).

The show is so clever - each song is carefully built into the crazy plot - from Madonna to Elton John to last night's "You're Having My Baby" (a repulsive song I hate above all others in this world & I was practically on the floor screaming with laughter). Its subjects are current - teen pregnancy, handicapped access, drug use, social acceptance, etc. Its characters are over the top - the sensitive music teacher, the geek, the jock, the bad boy, the cheerleader, etc. And just when the story gets serious or emotional, you're thrown into another pop melody to lighten it up. Its f*ing brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment