Thursday, March 31, 2011

Books Read in March 2011

This month was a doozy of reading. It's amazing how much reading a person can get done when they're stuck sitting in their car for 12 hours a week (lol). I've blogged about some of these books, but not all of them.

Books Read in March 2011 - Total 16

6 STARS
Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr
Blackout by Rob Thurman

5 STARS
Late Eclipses by Seanan McGuire
Dead on Delivery by Eileen Rendahl
Moon Called by Patricia Briggs
Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs
Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs
Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs
Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs
Spirit Dances by C.E. Murphy

4 STARS
Iron Crowned by Richelle Mead
Dead to Me by Anton Strout
Of Swine and Roses by Ilona Andrews
A Hundred Word for Hate by Thomas E. Sniegoski

3 STARS
Under Wraps by Hannah Jayne

2 STARS
The Werewolf Upstairs by Ashlyn Chase

What I can say is this - anything by Melissa Marr or Rob Thurman is always ALWAYS phenomenal - and therefore they earn the ultimate 6 stars.

In the 5 star category - all of these are amazing books. I'm a huge fan of the Seanan McGuire and I think Eileen Rendahl's books are amazing. Patricia Briggs books blew me away. All have strong female leads & well developed worlds & characters.

In 4 stars is the latest Eugenie (Richelle Mead) novel - Eugenie pisses me off, so that has an effect on my liking of the book. I think she's weird and an idiot. And I don't like Kiyo at all. I do love Dorian, tho. Remy (T. Sniegoski) Chandler - I love this series although I sometimes think it gets bogged down in things not necessary to the storyline. Simon Canderous (Anton Strout) is an interesting character, but like Eugenie, his personality tended to annoy me & I thought his organization was a bunch of buffoons. Good story though. And Ilona Andrews short story is very enjoyable (I wish it was longer).

3 Stars - Under Wraps by Hannah Jayne. This is a cute story, the lead character is a total flake, and I liked it. My problem with it is the "sexy" male love interest kept turning me off. (Spongebob undies? Come on...) And I thought the last chapter ended abruptly with a cliffhanger & a shocker that ruined a part of the story for me (because it just didn't make sense). Maybe the sequel will explain it?...

Finally 2 Stars - The Werewolf Upstairs. What can I say? It's one of those books that was too silly for me to like. And I didn't really get the lead female. It's me, not the book. I have to say, I did like the werewolf (he was definitely sexy). Maybe if I was reading it in the summer on the beach with a cold beer... anyway, I'd still read the rest in this series. (But I'd have to be in the right mood for them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment