Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fun Fun Fun

So, there was one good thing that happened on my birthday. My husband and son got me a Cruz Reader. I will admit, I love paper books and I never thought I'd want one of these electronic devices. Read books on a stupid little screen? Not me.

Hah.

This thing runs android. I can get my emails. I can play Pandora radio. I can play games. Oh, and the books? What on eath was my husband thinking? At the touch of a click - A CLICK - I can purchase a book.

My wonderful computer savvy son downloaded the Kindle store to it and voila. Books for under $5?! Oh my God. Someone pinch me.

My husband (God bless him) actually said "We'll save a little money on all the books you buy." I didn't have the heart to tell him that he had just set me up with a library that I could go bat-shit crazy filling.

I'll never willingly give up paper books. I love them too much. If anything, I'm going to make sure that I purchase every hard copy of every book I love before they disappear. But oh man...

No comments:

Post a Comment