Friday, May 6, 2011

Nobody does epic movies like the Japanese...

This morning I was searching for something to watch and I came across "The Restless", a Japanese made movie about a demon hunter who finds himself in the region between heaven and hell, trying to save the woman he loves and fighting armies of demons single-handed while the head of the underworld tries to destroy him.

This is a freaking awesome movie!

I has incredible imagery and epic battles that defy gravity and unbearable love. Its about honor and hope and sacrifice. It kicks ass in every way. Absolutely amazing. Even the music is epic.

I LOVE these movies! "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", "The Curse of the Golden Flower", "House of Flying Daggers" and more. If you've never watched them, you should.

Now, they can be watched either dubbed or with subtitles. I HIGHLY urge you to watch with subtitles. Dubbers, for some reason, tend to over-act and ruin the movie. They choose ridiculous voices.With subtitles you get all the beauty of the actors' voices along with the translation. Yes, it splits your attention a bit, but trust me you won't miss anything. And if you do - don't read, just watch. I dare you to not be amazed.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment