Sunday, May 22, 2011

Zombie Apocalypse and the CDC

If you're as big a fan of urban fantasy as me, then you've probably already heard about this....

The CDC has posted on their website a list of things you need for the Zombie Apocalypse. It's very tongue-in-cheek and really a suggestion of what you need for any emergency, but I have to say WHAT A BRILLIANT IDEA!

How many people have actually bothered to put together an emergency plan or emergency kit? I mean, really?!? Most of us don't think twice about it. That someone at the CDC is a big enough zombie fan to think "Hey, this is a good way to get the message out." and actually create a page going over what to do should a zombie apocalypse happen, GENIUS.

If you haven't read it, go do it. It's not only guaranteed to make you giggle, it's actually very informative.

Now, I'm not saying I'm expecting a zombie apocalypse, but I do have an emergency kit. And we have a plan of action to get out of town to safety should the need arise (the perks of growing up close to a nuclear power plant & having my dad work there). But I'm also a strong believer that everyone should have the kit and the meetup/contact plan in place. Not that I ever expect to need or use it, but damn - I'm not going to be a person who gets wiped out by stupidity. Just sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment