Friday, October 7, 2011

Books Read in September 2011

Okay, now that I've recovered most of my files, albeit with missing chunks and shit, I can say with certainty that I read 7 books this month. (I think I read 9, but this was one of my corrupted files & for the life of me, I can't remember the other two books.) So we'll stick with the 7 the file says I read and if I remember the others, I'll post them.

6 STARS
Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead. My favorite series of all time is done! (sobbing hysterically). I will miss Georgina and all her friends. But I loved this book. And it ended like it should (even if I don't really like Seth - who I think is a bit of a jerk.) Georgina is happy and that's what counts.

5 STARS
One Salt Sea by Seanan McGuire. Another huge favorite of mine. Toby is a wonderful character and I can't say I'm sad with how things turned out in this one. I absolutely love the fae in Seanan's world. Everything is so well thought out. Definitely a series to own.

4 STARS
Nightshade by Michelle Rowen AND Bloodlust by Michelle Rowen -This is an interesting series about a woman who gets injected with some kind of serum by a mad scientist and then ends up on the run with a damphir who is trained to kill vampires. There are a lot of twists and turns in this and I really liked the secondary characters. The problem is I wasn't a big fan of the main character, who doesn't seem to know her own mind. People keep telling her what she thinks and she's like "oh yeah, I guess I do think that." Hunh?! (Grow some balls and decide things for yourself sister. Geez!) Still, I'll keep reading the series because I'm interested to see what happens.

Crossroads by Jeanne Stein - This is the latest in the Anna Strong vampire series. Anna is a bounty hunter who was attacked and turned against her will. (Its pretty awful.) In this latest installment she's coming to terms with what she is and dealing with someone from her past (the jerk). These books are written first person present-tense, which is usually a killer for me, but I like these books because they're well written and fast paced, with a good storyline.

Beasts and BFFs by Shannon Delaney - This was really just a short story prequel to the book 13 to Life which I'll be reading in October. It definitely got me interested in the characters and curious to know what exactly is going on.

Bloodshot by Cherie Priest - I'll also have to admit I'm not a fan of detective stories. This book has the feel of a detective story, but not. The main character, Raylene, is awesome. She's a vampire who's just a little bit neurotic and paranoid. She doesn't like attachments - and yet she has them. I love the characters in this book & I'll be reading the 2nd in the series in October, too. I kind of wanted to savor this one and read something light before reading the next book. It was really good.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure I read more than this but my records that I salvaged don't reflect anything else and I'm too tired to remember. Right now, I'm reading Soul Thief by Jana Oliver and its fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment