Sunday, November 6, 2011

Drink Deep by Chloe Neill

This has got to be a record ... three posts in one day. (Procrastinating much? Who me?)

I just finished Drink Deep by Chloe Neill. You may remember my post regarding the last book - which left me a complete and total wreck. The cliff hanger was a killer. I was literally too upset to read anything for a day after finishing it. (Thanks Chloe. I love when a book hits me like that.)

In Drink Deep, Merit is dealing with the emotional repercussions of the end of the last book (damn, its hard not to give away anything). There's a Receiver in Cadogan House from the vampire council who is making life hell for all the vampires. His mission? To take down the House. Not good. Mallory, Merit's best friend, is acting super bitchy as she begins her magical testing. The Red Guard is working to get Merit to join them.

What I loved about this book ... In the beginning, Merit seems to just be going through the motions as Sentinel. Her emotions seem almost muted. But as the story begins to pick up speed, she begins to deal with things and find a strength within herself that she needed to learn was there. She discovers other things as well (not saying - sorry). And then all hell breaks loose.

This book took some serious twists that I was not expecting. And I am no longer traumatized. Although, I am shocked. And one thing I can say, magic comes with a price. And while Merit might be happy now, I don't think she's going to remain that way. Another excellent cliffhanger.

These books should be on your shelves, people!

Drink Deep gets 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment