Thursday, November 17, 2011

Introducing the "Thank God for My ADD" Contest

Seriously, in the spirit of Thanksgiving - where its important to look at all the things you're thankful for in your life - I have decided to create a contest to clear out some books!

I don't have the list of books finalized yet. I'm busy going through my shelves and pulling all my duplicates, which is why I'm calling this the "Thank God for My ADD Contest". See, before I started keeping a log of books (and even after, I have to admit) ADD has caused me to buy duplicates (and in at least one case triplicates) of books. Why is this a good thing? Well, for me each book I discover is like a little slice of goodness, so when I buy it twice (or three times) because I don't remember buying it, it's a little bonus slice of happiness for me.

(Okay, some of them are duplicates because I won contests or have signed books...<3<3 to authors who sign books...)

And for you, those of you who follow my blog, or those who just pass by in a drunken haze wondering who the whack-a-doo is who likes vampires and unseelie fae and calls herself emo, you get to be thankful because I'm offering up FREE books!! Not only that, I'm shipping them to you FREE if you win. Isn't that awesome?!? (FYI drunken wanderers - my books are ALL urban fantasy/uf romance.)

Now, I'm making up a list of the duplicate books - there are hardcovers, trade and mass market paperbacks - and I'm going to list them here in a post tomorrow, so you can see all the titles. (Hint: Trent Jamieson, Kim Harrison, and more!) I'm up to 18 books! But I know there's more...my shelves are just teeming with them. So check back tomorrow to see what I've uncovered.

As for how the contest is going to work. I'm going to pick up to ten winners. Yes, that's right. If I get ten or more responses (come on, I only have 6 followers, I'm going pie-in-the-sky here), I will be picking ten names. And I will divide up the books among those ten winners. All you have to do is post something ridiculous (like ADD) that you're thankful for.

If I get less than 10 responses, then I'm dividing the books between those of you who post. That's right, if only one person responds, you're getting the lot of them! Do with them what you will -- read them, give them to friends, pass them out to strangers on the street for all I care -- I just need space.

The contest is going to run until 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. That's one week to come up with something totally ridiculous to be thankful for - something like ADD or bite size Snickers or gold eyeliner.   (I love my gold eyeliner!) So post, people. Win free books!!

Oh, and don't forget to include an email address like this: unseelieme(at)gmail(dot)com so that I can contact you if you win!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment