Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Magic on the Line by Devon Monk

I love Allie Beckstrom. She's a fantastic character. Vulnerable, brave, hard, kind. She does what needs to be done, no matter the cost to her physically or mentally. And then there's Zay (Zayvion Jones) her super hot boyfriend, Guardian of the Gates, badass, strong and silent. Yum. And Shame, wise ass, tough as nails and with serious issues. And Terric. And Davy. And Stone, Allie's pet gargoyle. And Daniel, Allie's dad, who I'm not sure is downright evil genius or just evil or maybe self-sacrificing and good. Cody. Nola. Stotts. The relationships make a fantastic story that much more enjoyable. The world is fascinating (magic cisterns, a secret magical authority, veiled, magic technology). It's incredibly well thought out. And each book flows beautifully into the next.

So, what happened in this book? Seriously? Do you honestly want me to give it away? Cause I'm not going to...sorry! Let's just say, I was very very worried through most of the book - not just about Allie, although she had me very worried, but about all of the characters and the choices they were being forced to make - and as it drew to an end I stopped being worried... and then WHAM... all hell broke loose and now I'm in a total panic. Things happen in this book. Bad things. Scary things. Things that make me think that not all the characters are going to make it to the end of this series alive. I love that!

So, this is book 7 of the series, which will have 9 books. I recommend them highly. You will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment