Saturday, January 14, 2012

ACK .... I have a really good reason for not posting...

I'm sure you're dying to know why, right? heh

I was reading!!

Actually, I'm still reading because I'm completely absorbed in Rachel Vincent's Shifter series. I've cranked through Stray, Rogue, Pride, Prey and I'm currently on Shift. If you haven't read this series, I HIGHLY recommend it. I'm madly in love with it, in fact. Scream-at-the-characters in love. Have-to-put-the-book-down-because-I'm-freaking-out-over-the-plot-twists in love. Squeeing fan girl in love.

Now, I'm not going to give any important parts away, but I'll give you a little brief on what the story is about. Faythe is a cat shifter. She's independent, strong, but prone to making mistakes. The series starts out with her in college - her father's head enforcer, Marc (and Faythe's ex), shows up to take her home against her wishes. The world that Rachel Vincent creates is incredible - shifters are mostly male, so female shifters are basically prized possessions - for breeding. Only Faythe wants no part of that life. That's all I'm giving you except to say this - Prey was so intense I actually had to put the book down numerous times! Thank God I got this series as a whole before I started reading it. If I hadn't been able to start Shift immediately, I would need therapy. Holy hell.

In fact, if I had to rate the series I would give every last one of these books 5 stars - except Prey - which would get the coveted 6 stars. And, I haven't reached Alpha yet, so who knows what that will get. Considering how consistently well-written and riveting these books are, I'm giving it at least 5 stars in advance. (Hey, I can do that. It's my blog.)

Now, I have more reading to do, so....

No comments:

Post a Comment