Wednesday, January 19, 2011

e-Reader books are often surprisingly good....

I'm loving my e-Reader.

Every couple of weeks, I go on Amazon and have a download party of books under $5. Seriously. The number of books that fall under Urban Fantasy, Sci Fi, Paranormal Romance, Horror & Paranormal Mystery is astronomical. A lot of them are...gasp....free!!!

You would think with this low cost (and FREE) books - some that aren't even available as paper books - there would be something wrong with them....that they would be poorly written... that they couldn't hold up...(I certainly thought that). Well, guess what? You would be wrong.

I just finished a book by Amanda Hocking called Hollowland. (This one is available in paperback.) It cost me 99 cents. And I loved it! It read like an epic zombie apocalypse movie and was so good I was able to visualize it in my head (I love that). I'd like to see it as a movie. It was gruesome and sweet and surprisingly entertaining. I read it in about 5 hrs. And even though I knew how it was going to end from the beginning (Remy is a girl on a mission), I was okay with that. In fact, it was good enough, I might have to buy the paperback to add to my real library.

I think that's what I like best about my e-Reader. I can now buy books that I wouldn't normally buy and try them out for short money. I would have never bought this book in a bookstore. Now I will. And the author? She hopefully reaps the rewards of that. And maybe she'll write a sequel? (Hint hint Amanda Hocking - I want more of these characters!)

No comments:

Post a Comment