Saturday, December 17, 2011

e-Reader December & finally feeling a little like Christmas

I decided to make December an e-Reader month since I bought way too many 99 cent books in the last month (I think it was somewhere near 40 heh). Since a lot of these books are shorter, I can actually find the time to devote to reading them. (It's not because I'm trying to bring the number of books I read this year up. Honest.)

So far, I've read some good books and one awesome one. I'll keep you posted. 

Also, at some point this month I'll be posting my favorite picks of the year. So keep an eye out. 

I finally managed to decorate my tree. The thought of crawling up into the attic and drag out boxes was just too much for me this year. Instead, I hit Walmart. I bought some curly ribbon - the kind that comes three colors to a roll and draped that around the tree (its red plastic-y, gold shiny and brown paper). Then I bought 4 packs of ornaments - (1) white glitter icicles (1) gold plastic icicles (1) copper glitter butterflies (1) white glitter stars and a pack of round gold ornaments that were gold glitter, shiny gold and dull gold. I also found a very cool steampunkish star.

Here's where the fun comes in: I bought gold, silver, copper, black and turquoise acrylic crafter's paint, too. I took the white glitter ornaments and dry brushed them with black, silver and turquoise. I brushed the copper ornaments with gold and black. I brushed the gold ornaments with black, copper and turquoise. Then I hung it all up. Voila! Steampunk tree. 

Total cost: $27!

I honestly didn't expect it to end up looking so pretty. (I'll put a picture up as soon as my camera is charged.) My house isn't exactly festive, but that little corner where the tree sits is. It's good enough for this year.

And my shopping is all done! Yay. Not all of it has arrived yet, but the last delivery is supposed to come on the 20th. So I should be good. If not, there's always Amazon overnight delivery. Lets just hope everyone likes their gifts. 

As a little side note for those who missed it, I still have some books that I'm trying to get rid of. Scroll back in my entries and if you see anything you'd like let me know. I don't think they'll make it to you for Christmas, but they're totally free to good homes. And they're all new! (Because they're duplicates.)

Now just get me through the turmoil of kid's meds being off, final exams and the craziness of Hannukah, Christmas, New Years and kid's birthday all falling within 10 days of each other. (Deep breath.)





No comments:

Post a Comment