Jordan is a seventeen year old boy. He helps find lost kids and sends them home, then asks to be paid thru his paypal account. (I kind of loved that little bit.) Jordan is a man of mystery. We do know a few things about him...
- He's been seventeen a while
- He has a sixth finger on his left hand
- He's running from something/someone
- He doesn't like people using his real name
- How long he's been seventeen
- Whether he's entirely human or not
- Who or what he's running from
- How that sixth finger gives him something extra
Jordan agrees to help Desi, and so begins an action packed, wildly entertaining story with so many brilliant twists, it will have you hooked. The story is beautifully told from Jordan's POV. His descriptions of Desi, the places they find themselves, their interactions and their run ins with some nasty badasses are beautifully done. I could feel the story in my gut. Each puzzle piece is laid out perfectly. Everything that is revealed makes sense. And the ending! OMG!!
And yes, I did break down and talk to the book. (I do do that with books I love, you know).
I honestly don't want to give away too much of this book. I can say there's a sequel in the works called Pandaemonium - and I'll be buying it. Because I fell in love with these characters and their world. And I think you will, too.
I give it 5 enthusiastic stars with a little O-o for the ending. Write fast Mr. Macallan. I have to know what happens next!